By Tommy Hartzog, Executive Dir., HNG Chamber of Commerce
We all make impacts as we “journey” through life so the question is “does my existence affect my culture in a nourishing fashion?”
The Chamber, with every initiative, seeks to impact our greater community is a manner that uplifts the quality of life now and into the future.
I witness daily citizens opening new accounts in our new hometown bank. These budding financial relationships carry practical convenience and efficiency for locals and, more importantly, fosters a grand sense of community spirit and genuine connections within our populace.
The Chamber is:
- Working very hard to facilitate the location of a first class skilled senior care business employing 40-60 people.
- Driving a community initiative to start a brewpub with our very own locally brewed and labeled beer.
- Very committed to establishing a functional indoor gathering place for groups larger than 250.
- Coordinating events and community activities for maximum participation and success.
- Attending regional events to insure communications and coordination of area events.
- Acting as a representative to State, County and Towns to ensure that government hears locals.
The Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge has been officially been reformed for 17 months and we strive to “make an impact” every week. We have our participating membership to thank for supporting us so that we can affect positive growth. Quality growth helps families make a living here and it influences property values in a very meaningful way. Please express your gratitude to Chamber Members in our community. Most have a sticker on their door or window.
The Chamber office is located beside Carolina Trust Bank in Lake Lure and we are open five days a week from 9-2. Stop by soon. You too can join our effort as a member.
Meanwhile, remember that each of us impacts others daily and I challenge each of us to say NO to “cold prickly” and spread “warm fuzzes” everywhere you go. I believe uplifting others is a calling from God no matter what our personal circumstances are.
We are on the move folks and we all must remain committed to working as a team for the greater good.
Join the Chamber today at: