Tryon International Equestrian Center
4066 Pea Ridge Road, Mill Spring
SEASON SCHEDULE, July 2016, PLUS SATURDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
FEI CSI3/AA Jumper 6
- Friday, July 1st at 6:00 pm
- Great Charity Challenge of the Carolinas event
FEI CSI3/AA Jumper 6
Saturday, July 2nd at 6:00 pm
Grand Prix purse prize of $130,000
SATURDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
Tryon Summer II- FEI CSI13/AA/Jumper 6
Wednesday – Sunday, July 6th – 10th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
SATURDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, July 9th, 5:00 – 10:00 PM
Tryon Summer III – FEI CSI14/B/Jumper 6
Wednesday – Sunday, July 13th – 17th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
SATURDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, July 16th, 5:00 – 10:00 PM
Tryon Spring IV – FEI CSI13/ B/Jumper 6
Wednesday – Sunday, July 20th – 24th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
SATURDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, July 23rd, 5:00 – 10:00 PM
United States Pony Club Championships
Wednesday – Sunday, July 27th – 31st, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
SNL still TBD
Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
431 Main Street, Chimney Rock
- July 4th Family Fun Weekend
Saturday-Monday, July 2-4
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Park open including Climbing Wall and Woodland Adventure Trail
- Naturalist Niche Series: Big Basswood Hike
Saturday, July 16th
9:30 – 12:30 am
Includes Park admission:
- Up and down a bit of slope, between a few boulders and shrubs and weaving beneath tall trees, hikers will be led into a hidden cove where the state’s largest basswood tree lives. http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/event/naturalist-niche-series-big-basswood-hike/
Forest City Baseball, McNair Field Forest City
The whole month of July- 1st, 4th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 18th, 21st, 23rd, 25th, 28th, 29th
7:05 – 10:30 pm
- Two-time wooden-bat collegiate baseball summer league. Family friendly experience!
Lake Lure Fireworks Celebration
Sunday, July 3rd and Monday, July 4th
5:00 pm – after fireworks
- Independence Day in Lake Lure on July 3rd! Hear the booms rumble from the surrounding mountains and see the fireworks displays reflect off beautiful Lake Lure. Best views are taken place from three different vantage points; Morse Park located next to the Welcome Center, by boat on the lake or sitting at the public beach. The annual family-friendly event is open to the public and free to attend. Sponsors of the celebration will have snacks on hand for sale as well as fun patriotic items for all to enjoy. The park and beach will open at 6:00 pm for event festivities with fireworks starting at 9:15 pm.
- On the 4th of July, fireworks will be set off at Rumbling Bald Resort for their patrons, and employees of the hotel. Everyone can enjoy the scene from boat on the lake. For overnight visitors, the fireworks can been seen from Rumbling Bald Resort’s beach!
Monday, July 4th, McNair Stadium Forest City
10:00 am – 11:00 pm
- This year, celebrate 4th of July the small town friendly way at the Forest City Owls stadium, McNair Field! Bring the whole family for a fun filled day including parades, kids activities, a baseball game and an exciting fireworks display! There will be pie eating contest, hotdog eating contest, Sack Races, a balloon toss, corn hole and more!
- Here is the schedule of events for the whole day: 10:00- Kickoff Ceremony hosted by local town officials. 10:00 to 8:00- Arts and Crafts Booths. 10:30- Walking Parade. 11:00-3:00- Music.
- 4:00- Home Run Derby, inside Owls stadium, paid admission
- 7:00- Forest City Owls play Gastonia, inside stadium, paid admission
- Fireworks display- viewing vantage points from inside the stadium and along McNair Drive and Main Street in Forest City.
Summer Beach Bash
Every Tuesday all summer long, Rumbling Beach Resort
5:30 – 9:30 pm
- Come join us on the beach every Tuesday throughout the summer and hear The Last Resort band live. For over 15 years The Last Resort band has been bringing a mix of country, classic rock, beach, blues, oldies and even a little funk, all over Western North Carolina. Also enjoy beach volleyball, food, family fun and a Tiki Bar!
F.U.N.C.- Live Outdoor Music (summer series May – October)
Friday, July 15th, Central Street Downtown Rutherfordton
7:00 – 10:00 pm
- Bring your friends and a lawn chair down to Central Street, just off Main, to hear live outdoor music by a wide variety of up and coming artists and local legends as they jam out to the community. Root for your favorite performer each month to receive the traveling trophy. This great family friendly events feature local music, kids games, food, drinks & much more. Enjoy specialty brews from Ruff’ton Brewery or try a cup of jo from Small Town Coffee Roasters. http://www.rutherfordtourism.com/events#!/88323-f.u.n.c.-live-outdoor-music
4th Fridays On Main
Friday, July 22nd, Main Street Forest City
6:00 – 9:00 PM
- Enjoy a leisure evening strolling down Main Street in Forest City listening to the sounds of local musicians as you toe tap your way through street vendors and merchant storefronts. Families will enjoy seeing the work of local artists and kids will have a ball with the face painting. The music series will continue all summer until the 4th Friday in October.