By Tommy Hartzog – Exec. Dir., HNG Chamber of Commerce
Your Chamber staff and Board of Directors remain so grateful for your continuing support of this organization. Your engagement at events, support of new businesses, volunteer efforts and membership give us that extra zip to increase our commitment and passion for our citizens, businesses and visitors.
Since we reformed The Chamber two and a years ago;
- We have recruited a hometown bank, which is growing in strength every month.
- We have recruited and Assisted Living facility for our greater community.
- We have sponsored a Candidates Night for the last local election.
- We have held 18 Business After Hours (Chamber ReCharge) events to galvanize and communicate with citizens and businesses.
- We have partnered with local and regional government officials as an advocate for citizens.
- We have initiated a Community Covenant process to foster respectful and productive public dialogue.
- We have introduced and managed numerous new events.
- We have secured the rights to the Dirty Dancing Festival to be produced locally rather than from the west coast.
- We have assisted numerous new business startups including family relocation services.
- We have represented our community and many regional meetings with State and Federal officials.
- We have recruited Investment Services for our citizens.
- We, on a routine basis, respond to inquiries from people seeking relocation information for families and businesses.
And there is so much more.
In the end, our small staff and Board could not do their job without your support and we are very grateful.