F.U.N.C.- Live Outdoor Music (summer series May – October)
Friday, September 2nd
And Friday, October 7th
Central Street, Downtown Rutherfordton
7:00 – 10:00 pm
- Bring your friends and a lawn chair down to Central Street, just off Main, to hear live outdoor music by a wide variety of up and coming artists and local legends as they jam out to the community.
Summer Beach Bash
5:30 – 9:30 pm
Rumbling Bald Resort, Lake Lure
- The summer is coming to a close and Rumbling Bald Resort has one more beach bash featuring “The Last Resort” band live.
4th Friday’s on Main Street- Summer Music Series
Friday, September 23rd
And Friday, October 28th
6:00 – 9:00 PM
Main Street Forest City
- Enjoy a leisure evening strolling down Main Street in Forest City listening to the sounds of local musicians as you toe tap your way through street vendors and merchant storefronts. Families will enjoy seeing the work of local artists and kids will have a ball with the face painting.
Celebration of the Arts
Annual Rutherford County Visual Arts Guild- Jury Event
August 23rd – September 23rd
Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (extended on Fridays until 6:00 pm)
Main Street, Downtown Rutherfordton
- Featuring 60+ pieces of unique art work from local artists
- Mediums include, acrylic, watercolor, pottery, metal, glass and many more!
Vintage Tin Car Show
Saturday, October 1st
Rumbling Bald Resort, Lake Lure, NC
- This car enthusiast show is truly the one event you do not want to miss! The show features exceptional quality entrants from all over the southeast. For 2016 over 250 top quality vintage autos and trucks (1985 & older) will be competing for top prizes in over 35 categories.
The 2016 Hilltop Fall Festival
Friday, September 30th 6:30-8:30
Saturday, October 1st 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Downtown Rutherfordton, Main Street
- The 45th annual Hilltop Festival will have for the public to enjoy- Live bands, local arts and crafts, kids activities, food and beverage vendors, and amusement rides.
- Friday night “Race for the Gold” Soapbox Derby (7:00 pm)
- Saturday morning is the annual Overmountain Victory Trail 5K (8:00 am) http://bit.ly/2b6CMoX and the 11th annual Tour De Pumpkin (takes off after the 5K). http://rutherfordoutdoor.org/outdoor-activities/biking/pumpkin
The 2016 Autumn Lake Lure Arts & Crafts Festival
Saturday, October 15th 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday, October 16th 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Arcade Plaza, Lake Lure (across from the beach)
- Come and shop 80 + Artisans featuring homemade arts and craft booths
- Food and refreshment vendors
- All day live entertainment plus dancing!
Foundation Performing Arts Center
286 ICC Loop Road
Spindale, NC 28160
- The Legacy, Motown Revue
- Friday, September 2nd at 8:00 pm
- Paying tribute to legendary icons of Motown, four talented performers dance and sing, with an amazing six-piece horn band, transporting you back to one of the most influential periods of American musical history with R&B, Beach, and Soul music that will have you dancing in the aisles.
- An evening with Sam Bush
- Saturday, September 10th at 8:00 pm
- Alternately known as the King of Telluride and the King of NewGrass, at age 57 Sam Bush has already been honored with a lifetime achievement award by the Americana Music Association and the International Bluegrass Music Association.
- Russian Grand Ballet presents SWAN LAKE
- Sunday, October 2nd at 4:00 pm
- Only one opportunity to see the full-length classic production of the world’s most famous ballet – Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake, featuring Russia’s brightest ballet stars!
- KEB MO Band
- Saturday, October 15th at 8:00 pm
- It all took off for Keb’ Mo’ in 1994 with his self-titled release, when he proved once and for all that he was a musical force to be reckoned with. Album after album, 11 in total, garnered him 3 Grammy awards and 8 additional Grammy nominations. Keb’s is being backed once again on this tour by keyboardist Michael B. Hicks, bassist Stan Sargeant and drummer Casey Wasner.
Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
431 Main Street, Chimney Rock
- Labor Day Weekend Family Fun
September 3rd & 4th
11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Family Animal Encounters 2pm
- Climbing Tower open 11am-4pm
- Cost: Included with Park admission
- Naturalist Niche Series: Early Bird Walk
Saturday, September 17th
7:30 – 9:30 am
- Kick off Flock to the Rock with an early bird walk led by a Park naturalist to see which of our feathered friends is out on trails before the Park opens.
- Annual Flock to the Rock
Saturday, September 17th
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- The region’s premier fall migration birding event is held at Chimney Rock, an official site on the NC Birding Trail. Features live Birds of Prey programs, including a Red-tailed Hawk and Great Horned Owl, bird walks led by local experts and other special birding activities. Event coincides with the annual hawk migration.
- Naturalist Niche Series: Fall Ridge Hike
Saturday, October 22nd
8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- From 1,500+ feet above the valley floor, enjoy dramatic views from Chimney Rock Mountain, surrounded by a sea of stunning fall leaf colors, from deep red and maroon to fiery yellow and orange. Led by an expert naturalist, you’ll experience Western NC’s legendary fall colors on the most scenic hike all year long!
- Centennial Campfire Celebration: Halloween Fun!
Monday, October 31st
5:00 – 7:00 pm
- Bring the kids and trick-or-treat down Main Street in Chimney Rock Village. Merchants will have candy and Halloween displays set out in front of their stores. Afterward, join our awesome rangers for a campfire, free S’mores and ghost stories by the Rocky Broad River! Guests should park in Chimney Rock Village and meet at the fire ring behind the Old Rock Café.
Tryon International Equestrian Center
4066 Pea Ridge Road, Mill Spring
SEASON SCHEDULE, September & October 2016
Saturday Night Lights: Saturday, September 3rd at 6:00 pm
Tryon Fall Dressage 1 – National Show FEI CD1
- Wednesday – Sunday, Sept. 7th – 11th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tryon Fall 1 – B/Jumper 3
· Wednesday – Sunday, September 21st – 25th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tryon Fall II AA/Jumper 6
· Wednesday – Sunday, September 28th – October 2nd, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tryon Fall III B/Jumper 6
· Wednesday – Sunday, October 5th – 9th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tryon Fall IV FEI CSI 3*/AA/Jumper 6
- Wednesday – Sunday, October 12th – 16th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tryon Fall V FEI CSI5* AA/Jumper 6
- Wednesday – Sunday, October 19th – 23rd, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tryon Fall VI FEI CSI3* AA/Jumper 6
- Wednesday – Sunday, October 26th – 30th, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm