Park offers new events, workshops and more
By Landdis Hollifield
When we were trying to figure out what to write about for this issue of the Mountain Breeze, we ran into a problem. There are so many things going on at the Park that it’s hard just to talk about one of them.
Did you know?
- You can visit the Park at our winter rate for just $10 per adult and $5 per youth (ages 5-15) from now through March 10. Once in the Park, you can upgrade your admission to an Annual Pass for just $15 per adult and $6 per youth, good for unlimited visits for a year.
- Fox Mountain guides offers rock climbing in the Park. All you have to do is visit our website for booking details.
- Our Naturalist Niche guided hike series starts in April and continues monthly through December. Each hike explores a different facet of the Park.
- McDowell Fire and Rescue College will use the Park for a Rock Climbing Rescue Course in mid-March.
- We’re hosting a fundraiser for the Kids in Parks Track Trail Program on March 30. A portion of the day’s admission will be donated to the group.
- Chef Randall Spencer, the Park’s Old Rock Café’s relatively new chef, is hosting a cooking demonstration series where you’ll learn how to prepare new recipes while enjoying a delicious dinner.
- Old Rock Café is offering a pick-up-and-go service. If you’re planning a dinner party or a get-together, just call Chef Randall and he’ll help you put together the perfect menu for your affair.
- You can bring your group or club to the Old Rock Café for a private breakfast or dinner. Just give the restaurant a call at 828-625-2329 to reserve your date.
- Gates will open at 5am for our 64th Annual Easter Sunrise Service Gates will remain open till 6 a.m. or until the parking reaches capacity.
- Professional photographer Chuck Hill will lead a two-day Dusk-to-Dawn Photography Workshop on Saturday, April 27 and Sunday, April 28. Participants will have the option of camping in the Park.
You can learn about these and all the other ways that you can see Chimney Rock differently by visiting ChimneyRockPark.com or visiting Facebook.com/ChimneyRockParkNC.