With our recently appointed executive director, Laura Doster, to the Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge, more and more businesses and individuals are once again leaning back in and asking us our favorite question:
“So, what exactly do I get for being a member?” We love to answer this question! And you do “get” a lot! But you also give generously. You give of your time, financial support, energy, creativity, and spirit….all to make the Chamber a strong voice and viable presence in the Gorge.
So, recently we sat down and put all of these thoughts to paper as it were. If you’re a Chamber member, we hope you know about all of these benefits. If not, or you haven’t joined, please give us the opportunity to come and see you. You can also stop by and visit with our staff. The office is open Monday through Friday, 10 am -2 pm, closed on Wednesday. You can also drop Executive Director Laura Doster an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT’S IN A MEMBERSHIP?
- We are the only organization located IN the Gorge dedicated to promoting everything IN and ABOUT the Gorge. No other organization in Rutherford County has taken on that mantle, and we do it on a very limited budget!
- We are the primary stewards of the Hickory Nut Gorge Brand – again on a very limited budget.
- We are dedicated to inclusivity – involving as many organizations as possible in the good works of all the other organizations.
- We lift up, promote, and encourage all of the non-profit organizations
- We provide the Gorge’s only regular e-newsletter to a subscriber base of nearly 6,000
- We provide the ONLY social media presence dedicated to promoting the Gorge.
- As organizers of the largest festival in the Gorge, the Dirty Dancing Festival, we are responsible for bringing in upwards of 4,000 people year. No other organization comes close to that.
- We shine a light on this place, the Gorge, and we are dedicated to bringing people here.
- Our website and database serves as our members’ direct connection to their Chamber to our wider audiences. As a member, you have the opportunity to market your business to consumers who visit our website and social media pages. You can include a business description, web and social media links, images and events, even job openings. You can also pin your location on the enhanced map, so people know where to find you. Need help with all this? We are one phone call away! 828-625-2725
- We feature monthly member spotlights
- We have the most comprehensive, daily managed, and all-inclusive Online Events Calendar focused on Hickory Nut Gorge Events. Check it out at www.hickorynutgorgeevents.com
- We have an Online Business Directory @ www.hickorynutchamber.org/LIST
- Your Chamber has regular networking opportunities through monthly re-Charges, Ribbon Cuttings, Milestone Anniversaries & other Chamber Signature Events
- We are your representative voice for business in economic and community development issues and projects in the Gorge and across Rutherford County. If it’s happening or in the works, your Chamber has a seat at the table advocating for you.
- We are a public source of referrals for volunteer opportunities – there are numerous opportunities to “plug and play” in the Gorge community, and we can help you dial in.
- Business Referrals – Chamber members are our first line of referral for newcomers, visitors, homeowners, and visitors.
Submitted by the Chamber of Hickory Nut Gorge